Thursday, March 18, 2010

Chapter 18

So, I really hate this chapter, it's more of a necessary filler that had to happen. I'm sorry that it's not good, and things will pick up next chapter.

Chapter 18

Sidney went home and immediately went to bed for his pre-game nap. I took the opportunity to do some of my homework to get rid of it for the weekend. I was taking all the easy classes, I took advanced courses in Cole Harbour, so I was basically graduated in America. I was just doing some classes to keep myself busy and to get some more credits. My schedule was filled more with study halls, ceramics, and photo shops. I even scheduled it so on Monday’s I don’t have to go in until ten o’clock. At three, I went down and heated up Sidney’s chicken. Nathalie knew neither of us could cook for our lives, so she sent over already cooked chicken that I just had to heat up for him. One thing I could actually do though, was make pasta. I only burn it three out of ten times. Sidney came down when I just had to take the pasta out of the kettle and into a bowel. I grabbed the hot mitt and picked it up, but I didn’t get a good grip and it started slipping out of my hand. Without thinking about it, I put my right hand under the kettle. The searing heat caused me to drop the kettle and it shattered onto the floor along with the pasta. Sidney stood up quickly.
“Damn it, Kylie. Are you okay?” He asked. I balled my hand up and scrunched my face, trying to wish the pain away.
“Yeah..” I said slowly. I went to put my hand under some running cold water, but Sid grabbed my arm. “No, you’re not supposed to do that.”
“Well, what are you supposed to do then?” I snapped. I got cranky when I was in pain.
“Hold on, I’ll look it up.” Sid replied heading into his office.
“No, you have to stay on schedule.” I protested. I knew that if they lost the game he would sooner or later blame it on this.
“I have a few minutes.” He called out. He stayed in there for a few minutes before rummaging around the bathroom. He came out with some Aloe Vera and some medical wrapping.
“You need to put some of this on it and then the bandage over it to prevent infection.” He said. “Put your hand out.” I did as he instructed and he started to put the cream on. I winced and drew my hand back. “Don’t be such a baby!” He instructed.
“I’m not a baby! It just hurts.”
“Well, you should take it like a man. No pain no gain.” Sid insisted.
I rolled my eyes at him. “I’m not a guy.”
‘You’re right, just a weak ass girl.” Sidney shot back. I opened my mouth to say something, but he dropped my arm. I looked down to see my hand already bandaged. “Woah, I didn’t even feel the rest.”
Sidney smirked, “You don’t think about anything else when you’re pissed.”
“My hand better be healed by camp.” I fretted. The last thing I needed was a burn on my hand. I picked up the pasta off the floor and put it on Sidney’s plate. After the pot mishap, he took the chicken out of the oven. He quickly ate his dinner and went upstairs. He came back just wearing a Penguins shirt, Under Armor leggings, and his Pens cap. “I’m going to the arena. I’ll leave your ticket at the box office.”
“Hey Sid, could you leave four? I want to bring three friends.”
“Sure, that shouldn’t be a problem. I was worried about you being lonely anyway. Who you going with?” He replied.
“Lana, Connor, and Rich. We’re meeting up with the rest of my friends to go to the movies after.”
“At 11:00?” He asked.
I shrugged, “Late movie.” He seemed to ponder for a moment before letting out a broad smile. “Make sure you come early enough to stop by the locker room.”
“Alright?” I said confused. He waved to me before heading out the door. I changed into a pair of skinny jeans and Sid’s old Rimouski jersey. I was still mad at Max, so I didn’t even wear his shirt underneath. Yes, I know it’s childish, but I don’t care. I put my hair into French-braids before I heard a honk. I looked out the window to see Rich’s beat up jeep. I grabbed my coat and ran out the door. Connor and Lana were in the back seat, so I slid into the passengers seat.
“This is my first game!” Rich said excitedly.
“How? You’re such a big fan.” I asked.
“We just never had the money to go.” Rich explained.
I smiled, “I guess you’ll be happy to know that we’re going into the locker room before the game. That’s why I asked for you to come so early.”
“We’re going into the locker room?” Connor yelled.
“Yup. It’s not really a big deal.” I said laughing. I had been in countless NHL locker rooms because of Sidney. Lana, Rich, and Connor were talking about what they were going to do the whole ride over. I picked up our tickets and showed my I.D to the security guard so we could get in earlier than the fans. There was still about two hours before the game started. I led them to the locker room, none of the guys were there. They were probably in the meeting room. Rich had his hands pressed up against Geno’s staal. “Evgeni Malkin has touched this!” I shook my head, but couldn’t help but laughing. I saw Lana poke Marc-Andre Fleury’s pants before quickly drawing her hand back, like she would get in trouble. Connor was just standing in the middle of the room, looking at everything.

Sidney’s POV

“Rich, stop raping the stall.” Kylie ordered laughing. I entered the locker room with the rest of the team. I saw one of Kylie’s friend standing by Geno’s stall looking mortified and Lana and Connor hanging out in the back.
“What happened to your hand?” Tanger asked Kylie.
Kylie laughed. “I got in a bitch fight.”
I smirked. “Yeah, with a pasta pan.” She laughed and rolled her eyes. Max breezed by every one and sat down in his stall. Kylie pursed her lips at him, before turning back to me.
“Okay Rich, this is Sid.”
I held my hand out. “Nice to meet you.” He widened his eyes and shook my hand back. I tried to stop myself from laughing, it was funny when fans got scared around you.
“Do you play any sports?” I asked.
“I play lacrosse in the spring.” He responded.
“You play lacrosse? Same! Lacrosse buddies.” Lana said.
Kylie laughed. “Woah, guys I play lacrosse too.” Kylie plays like six sports, I can’t even keep up anymore.
“You can all shove lacrosse sticks up your ass.” Max muttered. I could tell that he didn’t want any one to hear it, but almost every one heard him
“Don’t mind Maxime, he’s just a temperamental bitch that’s PMSing.” Kylie snapped.
“I am not.” Max defended.
“You’re right. Just a man-whore.” Kylie corrected herself.
“You’re the slut!” Max threw back. I opened my mouth to yell at him, but Kylie beat me to it.
“Oh, excuse me. I have friends that are boys. You’re right, actually. I am probably biggest the slut I know. Man, where has my life gone?” Kylie said sarcastically.
“Hey Ky, I really want to go get a t-shirt. Can we go now before it’s too crowded?” Lana asked.
“Yeah. Sure.” Kylie said curtly and she turned around and left, her friends following her. As soon as the door closed behind them, I glared at Max.
“You call my sister a slut one more time and you’re balls are being cut off.” I threatened.
“Of course! It’s my fault, not perfect Kylie’s fault.” Max said annoyed.
“Where’s Max? Because all I see is an ass.” I shot back. This was so unlike him, he was normally the most fun guy I know. Eats stepped in between us. “Boys, let’s just play the game. You know we can’t have drama on the ice or Coach T will kill us.” Max and I both retreated to our lockers, but the atmosphere stayed tense after our fight.

Kylie’s POV

The game was fun, I guess. Rich, Connor, and Lana all had a great time. I was more pissed off about the way that Max was treating me. I let female fans hang off of him without a word, but as soon as I have some guy friends, I’m a slut? No, that’s not how it’s going to work. We decided to skip the movies after the excitement of the game and Rich dropped me off. Since they were leaving for a road trip the next morning, Sidney was already home.
“Hey, you okay?” He asked.
I shrugged, “Why wouldn’t I be?”
“You and Max seem to be fighting pretty bad.” Sidney observed.
“No shit.” I muttered before stomping upstairs.

5 comments:

  1. Wahey! Glad you've updated. Necessary filler but still I'm glad Sid stood up for Kylie. Where was Jordan whilst all the drama was unfolding in the locker room? Please post 19 soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the filler!! I wish jordan would have been there, because i would have loved to hear what he had to say to max! And where does max get off calling her a slut for having male friends.... however at the same time i would rather the two of them ends things

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved the filler, can't wait for more jordan stuff, i missed him in this chapter! great post love it!!! keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update! I love this "filler" chapter too haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a very pain in the ass thing for Max to do. Sometimes I hate him

    ReplyDelete